The website: www.natgeofood.co.uk is managed by APL Media Limited on behalf of National Geographic Partners, LLC
Company Number: 3393234
VAT number: 701391176
Registered Office: 30 City Road, London EC1Y 2AB.
National Geographic Partners, LLC
Registered Office: 1145 17th Street NW Washington, DC 20036, United States of America
Any information stored by us is covered by the Data Protection Act 1998 (more information is available at www.ico.gov.uk). Any information collected by APL Media is processed on behalf of National Geographic Partners, LLC, who are the Data Controllers.
APL Media Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
APL Media Limited may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from October 2017.
The content of this website is intended for a general audience, are not targeted to children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age.
What information do we collect?
We may collect information about you in the following ways:
- when you subscribe to our email newsletters
- when you purchase a magazine subscription
- enter a prize draw or competition
- respond to a survey
- purchase tickets or register for an event
- through cookies – see our cookies policy for more information
We collect the following information about you:
- contact information including email address, telephone number, postal address and postcode
- your responses to opt-in checkboxes and the date and time of sign up
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- information about your interaction with our services, including information about when you most recently opened an email newsletter, which links you clicked, the operating system of the device you were using
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What do we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Where you request it, we will use the information which we collect from this website to deliver email newsletters containing links to new content on our website, promotions, special offers, prize draws, competitions and surveys
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- Where you request it, we will use the information which we collect from this website to provide you with any services you have requested of us. We may also from time to time use your contact details to send you information about other services and products provided by National Geographic Partners, LLC. Any aggregate user information which we collect from this website will be used for the purpose of statistics and will not contain any personally identifying information
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail
- We may use the information to improve our products and services, for example to ensure that our content is timely and relevant to our readers, and to improve the way our products and services display across the range of devices our readers use. In general any information we receive about your interactions with our services is aggregated and anonymous, however sometimes it may be used to specifically tailor the content you see, for example to send you specific content by email that we believe may be of interest to you or to remove you from mailing lists if you haven’t opened an email for more than 6 months
We will not disclose your information to third parties without your consent, except when:
- We need to send the information to companies who work on our behalf to provide a product or service to you; (unless stated otherwise, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us)
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested, for example if you request additional information from a sponsor when entering a prize draw
- We respond to any legitimate request by authorities with which we must comply or legal process
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard information in its possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. However, no one can guarantee the complete safety of your information.
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area. Where this happens we will put adequate safeguards in place to ensure that your rights under the Data Protection Act are protected.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- you may choose to opt out out of email newsletters from us at any time using the unsubscribe link in the footer of every email we send, or by emailing email@example.com. If you choose to opt out of emails from us we may still contact you where it is necessary to provide you with any services you have requested of us, for example to let you know about subscription price increases or renewal dates. We will keep your contact details on record to ensure that we do not contact you again
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to APL Media Limited, Unit 310 Highgate Studios, 53-79 Highgate Road, London NW5 1TL.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address or at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.